Automated Tax Location Codes For Work Location Taxes
The WorkSync module automates the maintenance of employee Tax Location Code functionality in PeopleSoft.
As more and more employees begin to telecommute or work from home, companies have struggled to maintain accurate work tax functionality, especially if the remote location requires locality tax configuration. States have become more aggressive in tracking remote employees and have increased audits to ensure those employees that work in their jurisdiction are paying their share of work related state and local taxes.
The WorkSync module builds on the infrastructure within the TaxSync API, but applies rules and validations for work locations taxes. Existing Tax Location Code configuration can be validated as well as configuration to automatically create new Tax Location Codes based on new work or work@home addresses.
Local Income Tax Codes Are Automatically Applied
Local taxes require employers to setup the correct local taxes for the employee’s resident and work locations to remain compliant. Local Earned Income Taxes (EIT) are required in the following complex tax states:
PA, IN, MI, OH, WI, AL, DE, NY, CO, MD, WV, KY, MO
Employee & Administrator Work Location Claiming
The WorkSync module also includes a user-friendly, wizard based employee and administrator self-service application to allow users to declare their work locations or work@home address along with work location percentages. Transactions are then submitted via the AWE for approvals. The module will then determine if the employee’s work address requires a new Tax Location Code or if an existing code can be matched. If a new Tax Location Code is required, it will automatically be created and assigned to the employee in their Job Data profile.
PS WebSolution WorkSync Employee & Manager Work Claiming Self-Service
- Automation of Tax Location code maintenance via Cloud REST API integration with state and USPS sites.
- Address verification integration with USPS.
- Integration with various state sites for real-time tax locality information and confirmation.
- Automatically create new Tax Location Codes and assign locality codes.
- Audit and compliance reporting.
- Employee self-service work and work@home claiming application with approvals and Job Data integration.
- Automate the creation and locality assignments to your tax location codes using the WorkSync API.
- Integration with PeopleSoft tele-worker functionality.
The PS WebSolution WorkSync module is fully configurable using the Configuration and Administration module (CAM).
- Built on the Configuration and Administration Module (CAM).
- Developed with PeopleSoft PeopleTools so it’s completely integrated with your existing PeopleSoft system.
- Embedded user exits that allow customers to add specific functionality they require that won’t impact future upgrades, thus making the application easier to maintain and reduce your total cost of ownership.
Improve accuracy and timeliness of setting up employee work tax locations while also reducing data entry errors. Real-time data validations and configurable business rules for automated local tax assignments.